The Foundation seeks to improve the quality of life and education of all Buddhist nuns throughout the country regardless of sectarian difference. This work strongly supports the GNH goals promulgated by His Majesty the King of Bhutan and enshrined in the national vision
- Create a national accredited higher education institution, a shedra (college) for nuns belonging to all Buddhist schools/traditions.
- Improve the basic living conditions of teachers and nun students by ensuring adequate physical infrastructure.
- Provide educational support to grass roots women and young girls who wish to become nuns and who wish to pursue higher education.
- Coordinate and collaborate among nunneries inside and outside of Bhutan to ensure strong network and capacity building.
- Support self-sufficiency of nuns and nunneries by developing and strengthening networks among nuns, grass roots women, businesses and other organizations in Bhutan.
- Establish facilities for short term retreats and short term spiritual experience for lay people.
- Make pursuit of spirituality and spiritual nourishment of society less arduous, convenient and accessible.